NELI - the Nuffield Early Learning Intervention
- What is NELI? Who is it for?
- Why focus on oral language skills and why NELI?
- What is the evidence that shows NELI could work for my pupils?
- What are the NELI sessions like and how are they structured?
- How much time does NELI take to deliver?
- What is the NELI programme timeline?
NELI Training on the FutureLearn platform
- What does the training involve? Who needs to be trained?
- How do we work out how many staff we would like to access training?
- How do we register for NELI training?
- How long does the training take? When do I need to complete the different aspects of the training?
- When can we start the training?
- Our Reception class teachers and teaching assistants job share, can we sign them both up for the training?
Identifying pupils to receive NELI
- How can we best select which pupils receive NELI?
- How many pupils can participate?
- Can we deliver NELI in other year groups at the same time as the Reception cohort?
- Should we send a letter to parents explaining about NELI and LanguageScreen?
- How can we keep parents informed about the progress of children in the NELI programme?
- The children identified to receive NELI are already receiving SaLT support/intervention – can they do both?
Downloadable Elements of NELI Resource Kits
- NELI Envelope Labels
- Best Listener Board
- Best Listener Badges
- Best Listener Stickers
- Ted's Listening Rules
- Days of the Week Board
Sign-up for NELI
Disruptions to NELI Intervention Delivery
- Due to staff or pupil absences, we’ve missed a few NELI sessions, what is best to do next?
- Our member of staff delivering the programme is absent for several weeks, can we pause the programme?
- A pupil in our NELI group has been absent, should they join the next group session? How do I catch them up?
- Can we train a new member of staff to deliver the NELI programme, to replace someone who is absent?
- How do we request additional staff to be trained?
- How do we nominate a new NELI lead for our school?